Saturday, March 14, 2009

Illicit

To be honest, I have done some things that were illicit, such as purchasing an imitation Rolex watch and downloading songs from torrent sites. I no longer own the Rolex watch and haven’t downloaded any songs illegally for about two years now. I just feel bad for being one of many, or know of someone, who contributed to these illegal activities in some form or another.

After watching the documentary “Illicit” in class today, I never realized that “knock-off” bags, purses, wallets, watches, and the list goes on, contributed to a bigger operation. It just amazes me how money has a big part in this. Everyone or most of us are greedy and selfish. It’s really sad how corrupted we all are in some way or another. It could be small things, but those involved in such operations such as manufacturing imitation handbags, pharmaceuticals, automobiles, and so forth, do it at a higher level and also know the risks involved. The scary thing for me is that after watching the video, it’s made me more paranoid of what is legitimate and what isn’t. I can’t fathom what will happen in the future since more and more people or groups continue to commit such illegal activity. There aren’t enough government funded organizations out there to catch these people in time and when they do, others still pop up somewhere else. The world is a big place and it is saturated with illegal activities that continue to harm innocent people.

No comments:

Post a Comment