Saturday, January 24, 2009

Comment on Jaclyn Donatelli's Blog

I posted a blog on Jaclyn Donatelli's blog regarding what I thought of lawyers and here's what I wrote...

I’d have to agree with you 100% on the fact that lawyers are expensive. I actually spent almost $10,000 just to take my ex to court. And all I wanted was to see my daughters. Normally, it’s the women that take the men to court. But in my case, it was the other way around. Even if I did not buy a car or house at the time, I can honestly say that it was probably the best investment I’ve made. Because of it, I have joint legal custody with my ex and I see my girls every weekend. Although frustrating and time consuming-it lasted 2 years, I am happy that my daughters are in my life. That was my main goal. I’m very fortunate I was able to get a great lawyer to represent me. He may have been expensive, but he gave me what I wanted. He was someone I grew to trust since he was representing me. Throughout the two years that he was my lawyer, I saw more to him than the way most lawyers today are portrayed. Hey, they’re human too! It’s just sad that there are crooked lawyers as well. I guess the saying is true about “You get what you pay for”.

Personally, I have never been in trouble with the law. I hope it stays that way. If I ever need a lawyer, I’ll be sure to get a hold of you since you have the connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment